Somewhere in My Mind

I surrender to my random thoughts... and i write... whatever I find... somewhere in my mind

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Followed


I feel followed
<whispered: No, I won't look back>...I feel stalked
I wonder if I'm right
Will I be the prey tonight?
Is there someone walking behind me?
Creeping so softly, <whispered: Don't look back>...so I can't see
My palms clenched and my heart trembles
My eyes are glossy, fearing what this resembles
A scary movie, a victim's autobiography
I get home, my fingers fumble for the key
I say to myself: <whispered: 30 seconds could give it a chance>
I have 30 seconds that can make a difference
Get in the door, lock it, <whispered: one lock...two...three> they click
Close the curtain, put the lights on, that'll do the trick
The doorbell rings, I reach for my bat
Ready for action, ready for combat
I open the door just enough to see who
It slams open with a big "BOO"
From a friend that nearly gave me a heart attack
And in reply she says smirkily "There...now, I got you back"


Photo by pmarella

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meticulousness said...

If only you followed a fixed rhythm scheme. You would've ended with a splendid poem!

Though, I loved the idea.

6:29 AM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home