Somewhere in My Mind

I surrender to my random thoughts... and i write... whatever I find... somewhere in my mind

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I am not dead...I am brave


I went to the battlefield with a basket of flowers in my hand
A brave little sheep, I knocked my hoofs on the door of a wolf’s owned land
I was trespassing into an unknown territory with a smile one my face
My heartbeat so calm I slow-skipped to its pace
Didn’t see that I stroked a scorpion
Didn’t notice the “beware: you are entering a minefield” sign
I jumped off a plane with no parachute
Went skinny dipping in a leech infested swamp, yes in the nude!
Had a greasy burger for breakfast before my bypass surgery
I took off my socks and walked on glass I could not see
Walked on a train track, ears plugged with cotton and the approaching behind me
You could say I even put a gun to my own head
And I still smile
Because I am not dead.



This poem may be, in the near future, edited with parts being rewritten

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home