Somewhere in My Mind

I surrender to my random thoughts... and i write... whatever I find... somewhere in my mind

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Lady In Process

I may sip my tea
Have my nails French-manicured
Shaped in a perfect ‘C’
But there is a little child hiding
Beneath the Lady I must be
I am a young spirit that never will change
I will not allow this society to mould me
To become one of them
To become an emotionless proper Lady
A lady never speaks of her misfortunes
She forces herself to cry at funerals (how silly!)
Juggles weddings and engagements to see & ofcourse, be seen
As a lady who fulfils what she calls her ‘societal duty’
I will revolt against this doctrine
I will not become a puppet to any society
I’m on a mission to be myself
So come on! Be a rebel, come join me
Steer away from it if its not what you’re meant to be
And to the women who disapprove say just one thing:
“Don’t think of me less
If I don’t pass your tests
I really do try my very best
But with a free spirit
I am unlike the rest
(And this I confess…)
I am and always will be
A lady in process

picture by mbrinamen

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Lovely poem!

12:55 AM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger UnOrthoDox said...

I told you, you are a rebel

1:31 AM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Red Dragon said...

WOW as allways,,,

ur pomes cant be discribed,,,

but at the end you will allways be my big sister...

9:24 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Meticulousness said...

At last, I stumbled upon a poet. Wonderfully written; am enjoying it to the fullest. Keep writing *Smiles*

1:48 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog allowing me to be here to enjoy your poetic world and to be part of your poetic world...

10:42 AM, November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home